Checklist for the Prepared Presenter
Before Your Presentation
- Know your message in point form. Write it on
cards. Summarize the objectives of your
presentation in one sentence.
- Practice your opening and closing statements.
Write each out on a separate 3 x 5 card. Keep
some blank cards on hand in case you need them.
- Rehearse your presentation 3 times on your feet
and if you can, rehearse in front of a "test
- Prepare sample audience questions and answers
for each. Write some of them down on 3 x 5 cards
to be planted with members of the audience.
- Finish preparing all of your overheads and
flipcharts. Practice working with them. Be sure
they are readable.
- All of your handouts should be finalized and
copies made. Print 10% more than you need. Use
one file folder for each handout.
- Confirm that all equipment is booked for the
room you will use. Have a contingency plan in
case the equipment doesn’t arrive.